Most college students begin writing essays when the due date is almost. This is a bad idea since as the due date approaches, tension is at its peak, and hell breaks loose when you realize you need to write an essay within an hour, proofread and edit then later submit the essay when it’s almost the 11th hour that’s when you end up asking your friends ‘I need help writing an analysis essay’. Academic essays require proper planning, and that is why Professors can assign essays two weeks or even a month or two before the exact deadline.
When you have two weeks to work on an essay, then you should have the full advantage by your side, and you should immediately start researching on different things to write and indeed, to come up with the background information needed to finalize your essay. You will need time to write the essay, proofread and edit the essay and hand in the completed essay in good time to have the advantage of being awarded full credit for the essay.
Running out of time when writing an essay is a normal thing that occurs, and this is due to improper planning and poor time management. This happens, and you shouldn’t blame yourself since it’s something that can be altered and you will realize that writing essays will be something manageable and fun.
I Do Need Help Writing an Essay For College
Here are some basic tips which can be used to come up with a well-written essay:
1. Come up with a topic and a title
The main thing is to come up with an effective topic and a title. Firstly, you must understand the functions of a title which include: prediction of content, catching the reader’s attention, it reflects the tone as far as the writing is concerned, and finally, it does contain keywords that are easily searchable
A good title takes time to develop since if you fail to come up with a proper title, then everything will fall as you proceed to establish your essay and you will realize you’re losing track in your writing.
2. Choose the principal idea, or thesis, of your essay.
A thesis for an essay is quite important and plays a vital role as well since it ensures that the reader has an idea regarding the essay and the discussions that as concerned with the essay. A thesis statement will bring forth the ideas of the essays direct to the reader, and that is why a thesis statement should be strong and to the point. It shouldn’t be complicated and always remember that coming up with a well-stated thesis statement does ensure that the topic is effective and this grasps the attention of the reader. A thesis statement determines the destiny of your essay, and it does portray the effort put in by the writer in coming up with the topic and the resulting outline of the essay.
3. Outline your essay into introductory, body and summary paragraphs:
• Hook: Most people think that writing is something that only those with a born talent can ever do well.
• Thesis: Proper writing takes practice
• Links to the main ideas to be developed in the essay: Relentless practice and not giving up gives rise to the art of writing.
1st Body Paragraph
• Main idea: Practice leads to proper writing skills
• Support: Writing without prior practice and experience + example
• Support: Writing with prior practice and experience and interest + example statistic
• The Conclusion
2nd Body Paragraph
• Main idea: Prior writing experience has changed how writers bring forth their ideas in writing.
• Support: Prior writing experience enables writers to be more experienced and therefore becoming more creative and at the same time avoiding spelling mistakes and other grammatical errors
• Support: Writing when you have experienced makes it easy to come up with different topics, and as a writer, you are comfortable to write literary about anything that comes your way.
• The Conclusion
3rd Body Paragraph
• Main idea: Writing experience has changed how writers spend their time writing.
• Support: Writers with the least experience tend to take more time coming up with a specific material, and this might affect the rate at which they develop specific content material or a specific type of writing which they have been assigned.
• Support: Proper writing experience ensures that a writer can write more articles and without anything being compromised for example the quality and the degree of creativeness.
• The Conclusion
The Concluding Paragraph
• Review of main ideas of each paragraph
• Restatement of thesis: Proper writing takes practice
• Concluding thought: Writing will continue to demand practice and self-motivation.
Points to note
1. You need to start on a high note by using a question and most specifically a rhetoric one. This is within the introductory paragraph and the interesting sentence is defined as the hook which tends to capture the attention of the reader.
2. Next you have to come up with the thesis statement. This is everything when it comes to shaping the destiny of your essay.
3. Proceed to introduce the body paragraphs which you will link straight from the introduction. This ensures that the whole essay is connected
4. As you proceed with the body paragraphs, ensure that the main point is stated in the start of the body paragraphs. Ensure you have used examples as illustrations to support the main idea in each paragraph
5. Introduce the summary paragraph which only restates the central ideas of the body paragraphs
6. The last sentence generally restates the thesis of the essay which as discussed earlier on, builds the foundation of the entire essay.
7. The final statement: This can predict anything discussed and backed up in the essay body paragraphs with proper illustrations. At this stage, avoid introducing any new ideas.
Just a recap:
1. Come up with a topic and a title.
2. Choose the central idea, or thesis, of your essay.
3. Outline your essay into introductory, body and summary paragraphs.